John Breed, Diary and Training diary, item 155
- April 5, 2017 01:05:48 Cheryl Ellsworth
(9) Being a QF. Gun "curtain fire"
can be maintained.
Disadvantages of the 18 pdr.
(1) The supply of ammunition cannot
be maintained. All ammunition in
B.A.C. or DAC can be fired in 30 mins.
& all in the "lines of communication" in
another 30 mins.
(2) The Extreme A. of Elevation is 16° &
A. of Depression 5°. No good against trenches.
(3) Slow & faulty Fuze Setting as each round
has to be set separately & personal
(4) No automatic arrangement for
difference of level of wheels & compensation
is inaccurate & often forgotten.
(5) Not enough traverse.
The Fuze Indicator
Object: To give correct Fuze Setting
for effective burst at any Range, when
once the Instrument has been adjusted.
- 17035 / 198394
- Mrs Jean Hanby
Login to edit the languages
Login to edit the fronts
- Western Front
Login to add keywords
- Trench Life